As my group and I are doing the Indie Genre I have been doing a lot of research about it to learn the age genre and gender indie music is mostly listened by. From researching online I found that Indie music is mostly listened by 15-24 year old males. To back these statistics up I created a questionnaire to see who listens to indie music. I asked 2 people from each gender from 7 different age groups. My results are below...
Questionnaire:
Do you listen to Indie music?
Females:
10-15- 0/2
16-20- 2/2
21-25-1/2
26-30-1/2
31-40- 1/2
41-60- 0/2
61+- 0/2
Males:
10-15- 1/2
16-20- 2/2
21-25-2/2
26-30-1/2
31-40- 1/2
41-60- 1/2
61+- 0/2
From my results it is evident that Indie music is mainly popular within males as out of the 14 males I asked 8 males said they listened to Indie music whereas only 5 females said they listen to Indie. It is also apparent that Indie music is mostly listened by people aged 16-25 as out of the 13 people that said they listened to Indie music 7 of the people were in the categories 16-20 and 21-25. This means that when my group and I come to make our music video our target audience will be around this age range. However, although males on average listen to Indie music more, we want to direct our music video mainly at the female gender by using females in our video. As a group we feel that their aren't enough female Indie singers out there and so want to challenge the idea that Indie is mainly liked by males by getting females involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment